Sunday 22 January 2017

How Weed Almost Killed Me

How weed kills
Drug addiction is a straight road to death!

Once, there were chain smokers around me. Like a community with one soul and objective, they would gather and share.

They were always happy, with weird smiles on their faces.

For one year, I watched them, their patterns hardly varying.

An early morning session would last as long as their supplies.

Smoking Weed was common occurrence. It was grounded and wrapped before lighting.

It was relatively cheap.

WHY DO PEOPLE SMOKE WEED?


When I asked why they smoked Weed, I got very interesting answers.

Weed opened their brains and made them wise.

They had better views of how things should be and were able to connect two formerly unrelated events.

They would also remember forgotten memories that had made them happy.

Weed was an antidote for bad mood Whenever they felt pressured, tense or anxious, they would simply light a match.

I also got to know that Weed made them feel less hungry (most of them were poor).

Weed granted them euphoria. It made them feel high and good.
In few words, it was their messiah.

At that time, I was not tempted to smoke Weed. However, I kept telling whoever cared to listen that it was a wrong lifestyle that had large health implications.

 They were not dumb.

They knew they were hurting their biological systems but stopping was a difficult matter.

They were addicted.

They kept saying they would stop and just when people thought they had, they would return to their favorite past time - smoking. It was a furious cycle. Some eventually stopped.

Some did not.

MY FIRST AND ONLY WEED EXPERIENCE


Years later, I was audience to another smoking event. I decided to get the Weed into my system without actually smoking it.

I was older, I could afford an experiment.

When I finally convinced a friend to let me have some, we added a little in the soup I was eating.

After a while, I felt like the quantity was too small because I could not feel the effect. A little more was added and I became properly drugged.

At first I was very quiet.

Then I started getting mental pictures of 'me' that did not exist. Every movement around me was blurred and there was a dull ache in my head.

I experienced every feeling I was formerly told about.

It was at that moment that I even remembered that I had had such a conversation about smoking Weed before.

When I looked in the mirror , I could not believe what I saw. Why were my eyelids half closed? There was a fake smile plastered on my face.


WEED KILLS! 



I started acting like a robot.

I could not just stretch my hand and pick a pen. My nervous co-ordination was reduced to jerks. The ringing in my head grew louder.

When I took a shower, it felt like my body was a live wire. I felt electrocuted. I was nodding vigorously. I was extremely scared.

When I woke up the next morning, I felt smaller. All that mental and physical alertness had used up my energy.

Maybe I had taken too much. It was a lesson well learned.

SMOKING WEED IS DANGEROUS


People do all sorts of things to increase their capacities, endangering their life and health.

The only thing I know is that I could have died.

What about other complications of drug misuse such as loss of brain tissue, mental disorientation, dementia, raised blood pressure, cellular damage to the liver, heart attacks and then the withdrawal syndrome?

Are all these worth risking for a moment's euphoria? Its a food for thought.

Have you ever smoked Weed? Do you think its a good thing? What consequences did you perceive?

Share your views in the comments section below!

CALNET TECHNOLOGIES

Author & Editor

Has laoreet percipitur ad. Vide interesset in mei, no his legimus verterem. Et nostrum imperdiet appellantur usu, mnesarchum referrentur id vim.

1 comments: